Administrative Coordinator (3 Month Contract)
24 hrs./week at $19.50, non-exempt position
Reporting to the Executive Director, Administrative Coordinator will provide operational support to NECN to ensure financial and administrative continuity during the Operations Manager’s temporary leave of absence. This position also serves as reception and provides assistance to visitors and triages walk in requests and general inquiries. The position serves as the primary liaison with the financial, payroll, and information technology subcontractors as well as coordinating with the building facilities manager.
Finally, the position is responsible for maintaining efficient, secure, and organized electronic and physical filing systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Manage equipment and NECN space, IT and facility issues with vendors/contractors.
● Oversee opening/closing of office and ensure necessary access for vendors and meeting attendees.
● Ensure access and control of files and facilities.
● Assess office management practices, develop, implement, and evaluate, new systems to improve efficiency of operations.
● Update internal office calendar with event information and coordinate schedule with outside groups using the NECN facilities.
● Manage inventory and order office supplies.
● Assist with meeting/event coordination
Finance and Accounting
· Support day-to-day accounting work Operations Manager
· Process and distribute monthly financial statements for fiscal sponsored projects and assist with monthly financial reports
● Other duties as assigned.
● Support payroll process (collect timesheets, get proper approvals, submit on time, review payroll report for accuracy, and distribute paystubs/checks).
● In coordination with the Executive Director, manage human resource files, manage and track employee accruals, and provide human resource support for new employees.
● Troubleshoot and assist with technology issues including but not limited to: server access, computers, copiers, and phones.
● General staff support as needed.
Fiscal Sponsor and Small Grants Program
● Serve as the primary contact to new and existing fiscal sponsor project teams; meet with potential sponsored projects to explain the details of the relationship, track ongoing projects and communicate regularly with project teams/lead, provide project development support and advice as needed and work to connect grassroots groups with appropriate resources.
● Provide financial support to projects, tracking their expenses as compared with budgets and clarifying any unexpected expenses.
● Work with Communications Manager and Executive Director to support existing Small Grants process
● Coordinate outreach, selection and orientation of grants evaluation committee and coordinate committee meetings, materials preparation and evaluation process.
● Provide one-on-one technical assistance to applicants prior to application due date and oversee the collection of applications.
● Assist with collection and compilation of reporting from prior year’s recipients.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and abilities to work in partnership with others (including neighborhood volunteers, board, staff, and community and government partners) to achieve our organizational mission.
● 1-2 years Organizational experience.
● Two or more years of office management experience, including coordinating payroll, processing mail, working with phone systems, calendaring, reception, filing, contract management, and providing general staff support.
● Working experience of QuickBooks and providing light bookkeeping services.
● Highly organized with interest in improving information systems, skilled at tracking multiple projects and deadlines.
● Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
● Ability to work effectively on a team and independently with little supervision.
● Proficient with computers and highly skilled with word processing, spreadsheets, email, online calendars, and database use. Experience with Microsoft Excel (comfortable working with formulas), and Word.
● Skilled in troubleshooting technological problems that may occur with computers, phones, copiers, and other office equipment as needed.
● Strong proofreading, grammar, and formatting skills.
● Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines amidst many competing priorities.
● Experience assisting a Board of Directors with meeting materials.
● Familiarity with Google Docs, and Google Calendars.
● Flexibility in hours with the ability to occasionally work some nights and weekends.
● Familiarity with inner North/Northeast Portland neighborhoods.
● Spanish fluency.
Resumes and cover letters for this position will be considered on an immediate basis and the interview-to- hiring process will occur on a rolling basis. Please include in your information packet:
• A detailed cover letter demonstrating how your skillset, experience and aptitude match this position.
• A detailed resume or CV
• Three professional references
Please send the three above items (preferably in PDF format) to: email@example.com with “Hiring Committee: Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line, or by mail to: Hiring Committee, NECN, 4815 NE 7th Avenue, Portland, OR 97211.
NECN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, genetics, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor.