Portland Block Parties
Permits are now free!
So those warm summer evenings are here and you're thinking it would be nice to get together with your neighbors and hold a block party, but you don't know where to begin. Have no fear - it's easy AND NOW FREE to throw a block party!
- Official date of NNO: Tuesday, August 7th, 2018. In Portland, residents and businesses may also hold a NNO party between Friday, August 3rd and Sunday, August 12th, 2018.
- Registration is open from June 5th - July 24th, 2018
All Block Party permit are now FREE of charge! If you are planning to hold a block party on your street, please apply for your free permit!
- The signature page is not required for standard Block Party permits, however, PBOT asks that you notify those who would be affected by the street closure with a notification flyer. Feel free to use their notification flyer template or create your own flyer to outreach and invite your neighbors to join and participate in your block party.
- Permits are open to all Portland residents. Applicants can be renters or homeowners.
- The new Block Party application packet is posted! Please visit www.pbotblockparty.com
to download it. The packet includes everything you'll need for your Block Party: 1. Application; 2. Notification flyer; and 3. Block Party Street Closure Traffic Control Plan. (It’s a new Block Party season, so please do not re-use past application materials for new permit requests.)
- PBOT can accept your application in one of four ways: web/online application, send e-mail attachments, fax, or in person*.
*If you are dropping off your application in person, please go to the “Sixth+Main” Building at 1001 SW 5th Ave at the 5th Floor reception desk. (Formally known as the Congress Center building.
For more information or description on what a block party is, please visit www.pbotblockparty.com. If you have any questions please contact the Block Party helpline at (503) 823-4003.